As a Baltimore non-profit operating for over 20 years, we continue to expand our role in the community. We are always looking to grow our team with talented, committed individuals.
The following job positions are currently open:
YouthBuild Case Manager
Position title: Case Manager
Supervisory responsibilities: None
Budget responsibilities: None
Reports to: Associate Director of Training
FLSA Classification: Exempt
The Case Manager should provide consistent support, advocacy, and guidance for participants to assist them in dealing with the personal, legal and social needs that are barriers to their success in developing a career/job path. He or she will coordinate, facilitate, and provide case management services to all participants enrolled in Civic Works’ YouthBuild Program. With participant cooperation, the Case Manager will complete an Individual Development Plan for each participant. The Case Manager will also monitor the academic progress of the participants throughout their tenure in the program.
YouthBuild serves young adults and out-of-school youth from historically disadvantaged communities, and those with significant barriers to employment. These include people with insufficient educational attainment, returning citizens and people with criminal records, military veterans, court involved youth, those aging out of the foster care system, individuals experiencing homelessness, those recovering from addiction, and those populations that have not had access to employment in the trades including women and minorities.
Essential Duties and Secondary Responsibilities:
- Responsible for providing comprehensive case management services to program participants, including intake assessment, short and long-term case plan development.
Specific duties include:
- Meets one-on-one with program participants to assess their needs and create Individual Service Plans (ISP).
- Conducts group psychoeducational therapy, including, but not limited to, harm reduction, parenting, budgeting, and anger management.
- Provides referrals to other organizations providing program participants with information and services in areas such as housing, financial, education, medical, and counseling.
- Tracks program participant’s ISP progress throughout enrollment and at a minimum of twelve (12) consecutive months immediately following participant’s exit date.
- Meets weekly with program staff to report each participant’s ISP case status.
- Supervise in the assessment, formulation of a diagnostic impression, and treatment of mental disorders and other conditions and the provision of psychotherapy.
- Maintains program participant’s case file by collecting, verifying and updating relevant information.
- Documents all program interactions with participants, including writing daily case notes and submitting weekly case management updates to the Director of YouthBuild.
- At the direction of the Director of YouthBuild, creates and submits case notes and reports in accordance with grant requirements as needed and appropriate.
- Advocates for program participants as needed and provides follow-up on all program participants.
- Implements clinical protocols/policies for the program.
- Works with the Director of YouthBuild to ensure participant feedback is included in planning for future outreach and program growth.
- Conducts periodic reviews and audits of records to ensure an active, accurate program information system based on proper service control/standards, and regulatory agencies.
- Participates in staff and team meetings. Communicates and coordinates with the Director of YouthBuild and appropriate staff as needed.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- MSW Degree from an accredited University or College
- Minimum of one (1) year case management experience
- Strong computer and note-taking skills required. Experience with Microsoft word and excel programs required.
- Knowledge with community resources and referral process, particularly in Baltimore City.
- Experience with working in a non-profit organization strongly preferred.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Highly organized, detail-oriented, and able to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to work independently under pressure and tight deadlines.
- Excellent verbal communication skills, interpersonal relations skills, and writing skills
- Exceptional personal responsibility for meeting goals and a track record of success
- Ability to recognize problems, develop innovative solutions and implement them
- Ability to adhere to a strict guideline of keeping and maintaining confidential information.
- Ability to prepare and submit accurate and reliable reports.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective counseling relationships with program participants.
Please send your application materials to Dion Wright at email@example.com and include “Case Manager” in the subject line.