As a Baltimore non-profit operating for 25 years, we continue to expand our role in the community. We are always looking to grow our team with talented, committed individuals.
The following job positions are currently open:
Baltimore Orchard Project Program Coordinator
Position title: Program Coordinator
Supervisory responsibilities: Yes
Budget responsibilities: None
Reports to: BOP Manager
Civic Works, Inc. seeks an organized, self motivated individual with leadership and administrative experience and a demonstrated passion for food justice, community development, education and the environment to work with the BOP Manager in running the day to day operations of the Baltimore Orchard Project. Baltimore Orchard Project (BOP), a program of Civic Works (CW), works to strengthen Baltimore’s communities through planting and cultivating orchards, teaching citizens to be long-term stewards, and sharing the harvest among neighbors. BOP’s four programmatic areas are: Planting, Stewardship, Harvest, and Education.
The position requires 40 hours per week and offers a salary plus benefits including short and long-term disability, supported health care, 401k, and dental. Programming schedule requires working Tuesday through Saturday. The BOP Program Coordinator report directly to the BOP Manager.
- Manage the successful implementation and completion of all aspects of BOP’s Orchard Programing: including planting, stewardship, harvest, and education
- Manage and supervise BOP’s AmeriCorps team including MICA Artists in Residence, AmeriCorps Youth Educators and AmeriCorps Organizers
- Assist in the hiring, onboarding, and orientation for new AmeriCorps members
- Coordinate seasonal orchard programming such as fruit gleaning, planting, and pruning
- Develop and oversee AmeriCorps members in outreach and community organizing activities in order to increase community engagement at existing orchard spaces and events
- Supervise AmeriCorps members in implementing Orchard Ecosystem Education into Baltimore City schools, afterschool programs, religious educational programs, and youth groups
- Review lesson plans and provide guidance on classroom management techniques
- Collaborate with the Real Food Farm and Community Lot Team programs to implement corpsmember job training and skills development
- Establish MOU’s and funding agreements with Organizational and Orchard Partners
- Plan logistics and curriculum for Orchard Stewards training program and educational workshops
- Serve as the point person for coordinating the logistics and partnerships involved with all BOP events including Mulberry Madness, Apple-anche, and the Fruit Tree Fair
- Enter data for reporting tracking systems for internal and external reports
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in environmental science, education, community development, sustainable agriculture or related field
- Volunteer experience and/or AmeriCorps service a plus
- Previous experience with supervision
- Strong leadership skills
- Ability to take initiative
- Ability to work well with a wide variety of communities
- Commitment to community development, food justice, education and urban greening
- Computer skills and experience with database entry
- Regular access to a car
- Driver’s license (a driving record will be requested as well)
- Drug test and a criminal background check will be required
Compensation: Salary Range is $27,000 to $30,000. Benefits include short and long-term disability, supported health care, 401k, and dental.
To Apply: Send a resume, cover letter, and three references to email@example.com with ‘BOP Program Coordinator’’ as the subject.
Civic Works is an equal opportunity employer; LGBT, women, and people of color are strongly encouraged to apply. Civic Works also encourages AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and national service alumni to apply for this position.